Slope Verification Procedure for Purified Water Distribution System
Objective : To ensure that the distribution lines are sloped towards the point of use and slope of the lines is approximately 1mm in 100 mm.
Scope :Applicable for Slope Verification of Purified Water Distribution System
- Collect the As Built Isometric Drawing of the PW Distribution System.
- Consider each straight section of pipe test piece.
- Fill the level tube with water.
- Remove air bubbles, balance both the ends and allow the water column to stabilize.
- Measure the length Y of the pipeline from the starting point A to end point B (towards the point of use) as shown in the figure.
- Place one end of the water column at the starting point A (Water level at this point should be corresponding to the center of the pipeline) and the other end of the water column at the ending point B.
- If slope of the pipeline AB is toward point B then water level in the tube will rise above the center of the pipeline AB at point B. Now hold the tube vertically straight and measure the distance X, between the center of the pipeline AB at point B and the water level.
- If slope of the pipeline AB is not observed toward the point of use i.e B, then adjust the slope of the pipeline and again repeat step no 1 to 5.
- Calculate the ratio of X:Y and record the observation at the respective point on the isometric drawing of the water distribution system.
- Repeat step 1 to 7 for each segment of the pipeline.
- Observation should be filled in Test Data Sheet.