- Objective : To ensure that the Purified Water Distribution System is Chemically cleaned.
- Scope :Applicable for Passivation and Cleaning of Purified Water Distribution Loop
- Procedure :
- Fill the Purified Water Storage Tank till the Half Level.
- Ensure Suction & Discharge valve of pump are open and all user points & sampling valves are closed.
- Start the recirculation pump & circulate water for 25 – 30 min.
- Then drain the water from the tank & piping via user points & sampling points.
- Prepare Cleaning chemical by diluting Nitric acid (HNO3) of 2% concentration in Purified Water.
- Start the recirculation pump and circulate the cleaning chemical for 45-60 min.
- Then drain the cleaning chemical from the tank & piping via user points & sampling points.
- Prepare Passivation chemical by diluting Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) (of 100% purity) with water with 1% of concentration.
- Start recirculation pump and circulate the Passivation chemical for not less than
- Drain the Passivation chemical from equipments and recirculation loops via each user points.
- Transfer fresh water to Purified Water Storage Tank.
- Flush the equipment and recirculation loops with purified water till the pH is neutral (6 to 7) or to the in feed water quality.
- Observation should be filled in Cleaning & Passivation Report Sheet.
Pharma More Jobs and post Please click here