- Objective:To lay down the Colour Coding system for indicating the contents of Utility Lines.
- Scope: This Standard Operating Procedure is applicable to the formulation plant of pharmaceutical Company.
- The Concerned Technician shall follow the Colour Coding System as per this SOP.
- The Officer/Executive-Engineering shall be responsible for implementation of the procedure as per this SOP.
- Accountability:Head-Engineering/Designee shall ensure the compliance of the procedure as per this SOP.
- Abbreviation and Definitions:
- HSD :High Speed Diesel
- FO :Furnace Oil
- LPG:Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
- The purpose of painting the utility pipelines with different colours is to facilitate the easy identification of the contents of the service lines and to indicate their direction of flow.
- The colour codes for pipelines shall be painted as per the following Table.
|Sr.No.||Content of Pipeline||Ground Colour||First Colour Band||Second Colour Band|
|1||Treated Water||Sea Green||Light Orange||–|
|2||Purified Water||Sea Green Band
On SS line
|French Blue||Signal red|
|3||Hydrant water||Fire Red||Crimson Red||–|
|4||Chilled Water||Sea Green||Black||Canary Yellow|
|5||Steam||Silver Grey Band on Aluminum Cladding||Signal Red||–|
|6||Compressed Air||Sky Blue||Signal Red||–|
|9||FO||Light Brown||Brilliant Green||–|
|10||HSD Fuel||Light Brown||–||–|
|11||Hydrogen||Canary Yellow||Signal Red||French Blue|
|15||Condensate||Sea Green||Light Brown||–|
|16||Hot Water||Sea Green||Light Gray||–|
|17||Soft Water||Sea Green||Light Brown||–|
|18||Waste Water||Sea Green||Canary Yellow||Signal Red|
- To indicate the direction of flow red or white arrow marks shall be painted on the pipeline at suitable positions (e.g. at junction, entry and exit point etc.)
- The paints used for painting on the pipeline or the tape used should have a glossy finish.
- Forms and Records:
- Not Applicable
- Master Copy : Documentation Cell
- Controlled Copies: Engineering, Quality Assurance Production, Quality control,warehouse. Administration and Housekeeping
|Date||Revision Number||Reason for Revision|
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube