- Objective:To lay down the Colour Coding system for indicating the contents of Utility Lines.
- Scope: This Standard Operating Procedure is applicable to the formulation plant of pharmaceutical Company.
- The Concerned Technician shall follow the Colour Coding System as per this SOP.
- The Officer/Executive-Engineering shall be responsible for implementation of the procedure as per this SOP.
- Accountability:Head-Engineering/Designee shall ensure the compliance of the procedure as per this SOP.
- Abbreviation and Definitions:
- HSD :High Speed Diesel
- FO :Furnace Oil
- LPG:Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
- The purpose of painting the utility pipelines with different colours is to facilitate the easy identification of the contents of the service lines and to indicate their direction of flow.
- The colour codes for pipelines shall be painted as per the following Table.
|Sr.No.||Content of Pipeline||Ground Colour||First Colour Band||Second Colour Band|
|1||Treated Water||Sea Green||Light Orange||–|
|2||Purified Water||Sea Green Band
On SS line
|French Blue||Signal red|
|3||Hydrant water||Fire Red||Crimson Red||–|
|4||Chilled Water||Sea Green||Black||Canary Yellow|
|5||Steam||Silver Grey Band on Aluminum Cladding||Signal Red||–|
|6||Compressed Air||Sky Blue||Signal Red||–|
|9||FO||Light Brown||Brilliant Green||–|
|10||HSD Fuel||Light Brown||–||–|
|11||Hydrogen||Canary Yellow||Signal Red||French Blue|
|15||Condensate||Sea Green||Light Brown||–|
|16||Hot Water||Sea Green||Light Gray||–|
|17||Soft Water||Sea Green||Light Brown||–|
|18||Waste Water||Sea Green||Canary Yellow||Signal Red|
- To indicate the direction of flow red or white arrow marks shall be painted on the pipeline at suitable positions (e.g. at junction, entry and exit point etc.)
- The paints used for painting on the pipeline or the tape used should have a glossy finish.
- Forms and Records:
- Not Applicable
- Master Copy : Documentation Cell
- Controlled Copies: Engineering, Quality Assurance Production, Quality control,warehouse. Administration and Housekeeping
|Date||Revision Number||Reason for Revision|