- Objective:To lay down a procedure for Preventive Maintenance of Purified Water System (Generation and Distribution).
- Scope:This Standard Operating Procedure is applicable for formulation plant of pharmaceutical company.
- The Concerned Technician shall follow the procedure for Preventive Maintenance as per this SOP.
- The Officer/Executive-Engineering shall be responsible for implementation of this procedure as per this SOP.
- Accountability:Head-Engineering and QA shall be accountable for the compliance of this SOP.
- Abbreviations and Definitions:
- UV- Ultra Violet
- FRC -Filter Regulator and Connector
- RO – Reverse Osmosis
- LPH – Liter Per Hour
- TC – Tri Coupling
- Monthly Schedule
- Switch “OFF” the main power supply through MCC and hang the Preventive Maintenance Display Board on the electrical control panel.
- Check all pressure switches for proper functioning.
- Check and note the reading of hour meters of all UV lamps and change the UV lamp between 7200 hours to 7500 hours.
- Clean all S. S. visible part of purified water system by coline and cloth properly.
- Checked, all pressure gauges for proper functioning, if not working, replace with same range calibrated gauge.
- Clean all panels by vacuum cleaner and duster.
- Check all TC joints for leakages, if leakage found change its silicon gasket.
- Checked dosing pump, cleaned its suction & discharge pipe with air & water pressure.
- Check all indicators change if fused.
- Check all electrical connections, MCB, push button & switches for proper functioning. Rectify if required
- Check three way valves for smooth functioning, lubricate if required.
- Check all diaphragm valves for proper functioning change, if faulty.
- Clean the Prefilter and air vent filter if required. Change the Prefilter if pressure gauge (PI001) shows measure pressure drop upto 2 bar.
- Check all pumps for any leakages and smooth operation, rectify if found any abnormality.
- Check the all motors for the loose connection and smooth operation and apply grease on the bearing and change the bearing if necessary.
- Record all the observations in Preventive Maintenance Checklist (Annexure -I).
- Yearly Schedule
- Check all pneumatic valve for proper functioning change if found faulty.
- Change the Prefilter and Vent filter with a new filter after every 2 years.
- Change MCF filter after every two years or as and when required.
- Record all the observations in Preventive Maintenance Checklist (Annexure-1).
- Forms and Annexure:
- Preventive Maintenance Logbook – Annexure -I
- Master Copy – Documentation Cell
- Controlled Copies : Engineering, Quality Assurance, Production,Warehouse, Quality Control, Administration and House keeping
Reason for Revision