Dead Leg Verification Procedure for Purified water storage & Distribution System
- Objective : To Check that the dead-leg in Sampling lines/ Instrument Connection are not greater than 1.5 times pipe diameters in length.
Scope :Dead Leg Verification for Purified water storage & Distribution System
- Collect the As Built Isometric Drawing of the PW Distribution System.
- Identify the dead legs in the sampling line and allocate the ID numbering.
- Now note the diameter of each dead leg branch pipeline.
- Measure the length of dead leg pipe from inner surface of main line to end of branch line.
- Now calculate the length of dead leg by multiplying by 1.5 with diameter of branch line.
- Repeat above point for each segment of the pipeline and note the data in “Test Data Sheet”
- Acceptance Criteria
- Length of Dead-Leg shall not be greater than 1.5 times branch pipe diameter in length.
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube