- Objective:To lay down a procedure for Cleaning of filters for Dispensing Booth.
- Scope:This Standard Operating Procedure is applicable to the formulation plant of pharmaceutical company.
- The Concerned Technician shall follow the Cleaning Procedure as per this SOP.
- The Officer/Executive-Engineering shall be responsible for implementation of this procedure as per this SOP.
- Accountability:Head-Engineering and QA shall be accountable the compliance of this procedure as per this SOP.
- Abbreviations and Definitions:
- SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
- Take the dirty filter kept in the polyethylene bag to the designated area.
- Cleaning of scavenging prefilters and intermediate prefilters
- Clean the filter from the front with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Clean the filters from the back side by air under pressure. Ensure all dust / dirt is removed completely.
- Ensure that filters are clean and dry.
- Pack the cleaned filter suitably in a clean polythene bag.
- Refitted the cleaned filter to the designated dispensing booth.
- Frequency of cleaning: Monthly or as and when required.
- Record the cleaning of filters in Annexure- I.
- Forms and Annexure
- Cleaning of filters for Dispensing Booth – Annexure – I.
- Master Copy : Documentation Cell
- Controlled Copies : Engineering, Quality Assurance, Production,Warehouse and Quality Control
Reason for Revision
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube