SOP for operation of Metal Detector
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- To lay down a procedure for operation of metal detector.
- This SOP is applicable for the operation of metal detector to the formulation plant.
- Production Operator/ Technician shall be responsible for operation of the machine.
- Production Officer/Executive shall be responsible for the implementation of the SOP.
- Production Head shall be accountable for compliance of SOP.
- Equipment Details:
- Name of the equipment : Metal Detector
- Manufactured by:
- Equipment Specification:
|Equipment No.||Capacity||Electric Supply||Location|
|1,20,000 Tablets/capsules/hr||220 V, Single Phase, 50Hz||Inspection Area|
- Visually inspect the machine and room for cleanliness.
- Check the temperature and relative humidity of the area and record it in the environmental control record. If it is within the specification as per the BMR, continue the operation. If not, do not start the operation and inform the Production Executive/Officer or Maintenance Department.
- Connect the electrical switch of the metal detector to the socket of the automatic capsule filling machine.
- Put ON the power supply of the machine.
- Remove the “CLEANED” label from the machine.
- Switch on the main supply.
- Pass metal embedded ferrous and non ferrous blocks through test coil.
- Confirm detection of these metal blocks.
- Check sensitivity setting, if required.
- If rejection system operates after block reaches to rejection point, operate delay has to be increased.
- If rejection system operates after block passing means operate delay has to be reduced.
- Increase hold timing, if blocks do not gets rejected properly.
- Ensure rejection of metal block after adjustment.
- Adjust this delay optimum to ensure minimum rejection time since more products may get rejected for large hold delay setting.
- Ensure repeatability of the system.
- During operation, if contaminated product is observed, reconfirm its rejection by passing it once again through test coil.
- Check its signal level on L.E.D. barograph.
- Ensure proper functioning of the metal detector during operation.
- Record the operation time of the machine in “Equipment Operation, cleaning & Maintenance Log Book” .
- Affix “TO BE CLEANED” label to the machine.
- Put OFF the mains and affix “TO BE CLEANED” label on the machine.
- Dry clean the machine with lint-free duster.
- Destroy the rejected capsules /Tablets. Record the same in BMR.
List of Annexure / Format:
- Not Applicable
References (if any) :
- Instruction Manual
Reason for revision:
- New SOP
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure.
- No. : Number
- BMR: Batch Manufacturing Record
- QA.: Quality Assurance
- L.E.D.: Light Emitting Diode
- V: Volts
END OF SOP
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube