SOP for cleaning of FBD bag
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- To lay down a procedure for cleaning of FBD bags.
- This SOP is applicable for the cleaning of FBD bags in the formulation plant.
- Production Operator/ Technician – For cleaning of the equipment.
- Production Officer/ Executive – For checking the cleanliness of the equipment.
- Production Head shall be accountable for the compliance of SOP.
- Before start the cleaning ensure that all the manufacturing operation in the area has been completed.
- At the end of drying process in FBD.
- Remove the FBD finger bag from the hooks.
- Fold the FBD bag and make it compact as per size of polybag.
- Put the FBD bag in the polybag and close the polybag.
- Affix the status label “TO BE CLEANED” on the polybag.
- Transfer the FBD contained polybag to washing area.
- Open the polybag and place the FBD bag in the IPC bin.
- Fill the IPC bin with purified water above the FBD bag and ensure that FBD bag is fully dipped in the water.
- Manually wash the FBD bag and drain the water used for washing.
- Repeat the Above step two times more.
- Finally, rinse the FBD bag again with purified water.
- Open the drain of IPC container and keep the FBD bag for 20-30 minutes.
- Fold the FBD bag and put in the cleaned polybag.
- Affix the status label “CLEANED” on the polybag.
- Transfer the FBD contained polybag to processing area and ensure that FBD is cleaned.
- Open the polybag and remove the FBD bag and ensure that cleaned FBD bag should not be touched with floors and walls.
- Hang the FBD bag in the hooks provided and integrate the FBD bowl.
- Dry the FBD bag with dry heat air at temperature 35°C – 40°C for 50-60 minutes.
- Check the FBD for dryness, if not dried again allow the dry heat air for few minutes.
- After complete drying, remove the FBD bag from hooks and fold it and put in the cleaned polybag.
- Transfer the dried FBD bag to storage area with status label “CLEANED”.
List of Annexure / Format
- Not Applicable.
References (if any)
- Instruction Manual.
Reason for revision
- Periodic Revision.
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure.
- B.D. : Fluid Bed Dryer.
- IR: Infra-Red
END OF SOP