- Receive the materials returned from production department
- Objective:To lay down a procedure to receive the materials returned from production department.
- Scope:This SOP is applicable to all raw and packing materials returned from production department to Warehouse of the formulation plant of (Pharmaceutical Company Name).
- Responsibility:Concerned Store personnel shall be responsible for Implementation of this SOP.
- Accountability:Concerned Department Head and QA Head shall be accountable for implementation of this SOP.
- Abbreviations and Definitions
QA :Quality Assurance
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
IPQA :In Process Quality Assurance.
- All material containers polyethylene bag should be in good condition.
- Ensure the material container/boxes should be labeled properly.
- Over printed packing material shall never be accepted at stores.
- Material which is return to stores shall be packed in polyethylene bags, weighed and labeled by the manufacturing/packing department.
- The label should contain the complete material details like A.R.Nos., Batch No., quantity in numbers in case of vials, seals, cartons etc. or details of gross, tare and net weight in case of raw material and foil roll.
- Officers from production department shall prepare return note in duplicate for the material to be returned.
- This return note shall be checked by the production officer and verified by IPQA officer and forward it to warehouse along with the material.
- Warehouse officer shall check the weight of material/count and sign in the received column.
- After checking and receiving the material keep the packing materials in the respective A.R. nos. and raw materials in the staging area.
- Entry shall be updated in the stock ledger.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance, Warehouse, and Production
|Date||Revision Number||Reason for Revision|
For More Pharma Updates Visit –https://pharmaguidances.com
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube