Lactophenol cotton blue staining for identification of fungi
To lay down the procedure for performing the Lactophenol cotton blue staining technique for identification of fungi.
This SOP is applicable for the identification of the fungal colonies in Microbiology Laboratory of (Pharmaceutical Company Name).
- Microbiologist or above of Microbiology Laboratory: Preparation of the SOP.
- Head – Microbiology section/ Nominee: Checking of the SOP.
- Head – Quality Control/ Nominee: Compliance of SOP.
- Abbreviations and Definitions
SOP : Standard operating procedure
No. : Number
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
- Place two-three drops of Lactophenol cotton blue stain on the center of clean glass slide.
- Take a small tuft of fungal culture from the plate along with the spores with the help of flamed and cooled needle and place it on the Lactophenol cotton blue stain.
- Separate the tufts into finer size using two flamed and cooled needles.
- Place a neat and cleaned cover slip on the culture and ensure that no bubble is formed.
- Observe the slide under the microscope, first under 10X lens and then under 40 X lens.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control, Stores, Engineering and Human Resource
Reason for Revision
For More Pharma Updates Visit –https://pharmaguidances.com
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube