Cleaning of Glass ware for Microbiology
- Cleaning of Glass ware for Microbiology
To lay down the procedure for Cleaning of Glass ware for Microbiology.
This SOP is applicable for Cleaning of Glass ware in Microbiology Laboratory of (Pharmaceutical Company Name).
- Microbiologist or above of Microbiology Laboratory.
- Head – Microbiology section / Nominee.
- Head – Quality Control / Nominee.
- Abbreviations and Definitions
SOP : Standard operating procedure
No. : Number
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
IPA : Isopropyl Alcohol
- Dispose off any of the remaining corrosive or hazardous material used in the analysis, before giving the glassware for washing.
- Empty the contents of the glassware into the washbasin. Empty any solid residues into the polythene covers for destruction of waste.
- To remove any stains, marking or labeling made with a glass marking pen on the outer surface of the glassware wipe with acetone, scrub it off with a scrubber, and clean with tap water.
- For difficult to clean stains or stubborn material, rinse the glassware with dilute nitric acid and rinse with tap water after 30 minutes of acid treatment.
- Dip the glassware in 70% IPA for 30 minutes.
- Rinse all the glassware with tap water till the solution is washed off completely.
- Finally rinse with sufficient quantity of purified water.
- After rinsing, dry the glassware in the hot air oven at around 85°C – 100°C.
- Autoclave the glassware containing cultures in the vertical autoclave meant for disposal, and then clean as above.
Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control, Stores, Engineering and Human Resource
Reason for Revision
For More Pharma Updates Visit –https://pharmaguidances.com
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube