Calibration procedure for halogen moisture analyser
- To lay down the procedure for calibration of Halogen moisture analyser,
- This SOP shall provide the calibration procedure of Halogen moisture analyser in in-process quality assurance department and quality control department.
- Officer/ Executive – Quality Control/Quality Assurance.
- Head QC/QA
- Make Metler – Toledo.
- Weight taken should be more than 0.5g and less than 20g.
- After drying as the pan and sample may still be hot, let these cool off before removing the pan from the sample holder.
- The air bubble level of the indicator should be in the center or else is adjusted by the screws provided at the bottom of the balance.
- Before starting the operation check for the area cleanliness and instrument cleanliness.
- Operate the instrument
- The Instrument is calibrated for following parameters
- a) Balance Calibration
- b) Moisture Content repeatability with five replicates
- c) Temperature
- Balance Calibration:
- Press “MENU” key and select calibration mode by pressing “ / ” keys.
- Press the <<Accept entry >> key (8 ) to start the balance calibration.
- The display flashes “50.000” g requesting to place 50.000g standard weight on the weighing pan.
- Place the 50.000g standard certified weight in the middle of the weighing pan. Instrument automatically calibrates itself and flashes 0.000 gm on display, indicating that the balance has been calibrated.
- The instrument stores the determined weight value and the display prompts to lift off the standard weight from the weighing pan.
- Remove the standard weight from the weighing pan and the displays “DONE”.
- Display returns back to the main screen.
- Now the balance is internally calibrated with external standard weight.
- Verify the calibration by placing the 50.0 g weight again on the pan and record the reading.
- The weight observed should fall with in the tolerance limit of 50.000 ± 0.01 g.
- Moisture Content Repeatability Test:
- Operate the instrument.
- Add 2 g Chemical substance “Disodium tartrate dihydrate” by distributing as evenly as possible on the sample pan.
- Press the temperature adjusting key. Set the temperature to 130.0°C by using the / keys.
- Set the time key to “3”, the factory setting.
- Close the heating module, the status displays which indicates the drying of the sample and the system will automatically start the drying and measuring process
- Record the moisture content observed.
- The test is carried out for five replicates and the RSD is calculated.
- Temperature Calibration:
- Temperature Calibration of the instrument is carried out by external agency at 100°C and 160°C using temperature adjustment set.
- After usage of the instrument, maintain the record in the user logbook.
- If the instrument does not meet the acceptance criteria, tag the instrument as “OUT OF CALIBRATION” and inform the service engineer and tag the instrument with “UNDER MAINTAINENCE”.
- Acceptance Criteria:
|Calibration Parameter||Acceptance Criteria||Frequency|
|Balance Calibration||50.000g ± 0.01g||Monthly and after any maintenance job|
|Moisture Content repeatability with five replicates.||Moisture Content = 15.66 ± 0.5 %
RSD: NMT 0.3%
|Monthly and after any maintenance job|
|Temperature||Two point calibration done by external agency for 100°C ± 2°C and 160± 2°C||Yearly and after any maintenance job|
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Calibration format for Halogen Moisture Analyzer – Annexure-1
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control.engineering
Date Revision Number Reason for Revision – 00 New SOP
Calibration format for Halogen Moisture Analyzer
|Reference SOP No.||:||Next due date||:|
|Cleanliness of equipment / instrument before calibration:|
|1 . BALANCE CALIBRATION:
Standard weight box ref.no:
|S.No||Check weight||Standard Mass value||Displayed wt.||Limit||Remarks|
|1||50.000 g ± 0.01 g|
2. MOISTURE CONTENT REPEATABILITY:
|S.No||Sample replicate number||Observed Moisture content||Results||Limit||Remarks|
|1||MEAN VALUE:||15.66 ± 0.5 %
RSD: NMT 0.3%
|Temperature Calibration (by external agency):
Temperature adjustment device ref.No :
|S.No||Set Temperature||Observed Temperature||Limit||Remarks|
|1||100°C||98 – 102°C|
|2||160°C||158 – 162°C|
|CALIBRATION STATUS: COMPLIES / DOES NOT COMPLIES
Calibrated by: Checked by: Approved by:
Date: Date: Date :
For More Pharma Updates Visit –https://pharmaguidances.com