To lay down the procedure for Operation and Cleaning of Vortex mixer
This SOP is applicable for Operation and Cleaning of Vortex mixer in Microbiology Laboratory. (Pharmaceutical Company Name).
- Microbiologist or above of Microbiology Laboratory.
- Head – Microbiology section / Nominee.
- Head – Quality Control. / Nominee.
- Abbreviations and Definitions
SOP : Standard operating procedure
No. : Number
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
- Plug the power cable of the vortex mixer to the switchboard.
- Switch ON the mains.
- Switch ON the vortex mixer.
- Keep the container containing sample on the vibratory part of the vortex mixer for vortex mixing.
- As per the requirement adjust the vortexing speed by rotating the knob provided in either clockwise or anticlockwise direction.
- Take precautions to avoid the spillage of the sample from the tube or vial.
- After completion of the activity switch off the vortex mixer and switch off the mains.
- Clean the surface of the vortex mixer twice daily at start and end of day’s work with lint free mopping cloth moistened with 70% IPA.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control, Stores, Engineering and Human Resource
Reason for Revision
For More Pharma Updates Visit –http://pharmaguidances.com