TEMPLATE FOR PROCESS VALIDATION PROTOCOL
|Point No.||Section Title||Pages No.|
|NA||Protocol Approval Sheet||02|
|4.0||Validation Team Members||03|
|6.0||Pre-requisite for Validation||04|
|7.0||Manufacturing Procedure Under Validation||06|
|8.0||Critical Process Steps and Process Parameters for Validation with Justification||09|
|9.0||Process steps – Sampling and Analysis Plan with Acceptance Criteria||14|
|12.0||Deviations and Investigations||20|
|15.0||List of Annexes / formats Attached||20|
PROTOCOL APPROVAL SHEET
To provide documented evidence with high degree of assurance that the manufacturing process is capable of producing the finished product consistently of required quality, meeting its predetermined specifications and quality attributes.
This process validation protocol is applicable to carry out process validation of Name of the Product for first three consecutive commercial batches in view of the requirements of Name of market at formulation Plant of Pharmaceutical Company.
Quality Assurance : Preparation, review and approval of process validation protocol.
Production : Production to approve the process validation protocol.
Quality Control : QC to approve the process validation protocol.
IPQA : Sampling of samples as per the sampling plans
Discussed in this process validation protocol.
Engineering : To provide support with respect to utilities and equipment
- Validation Team Members
Validation team shall comprise of the representatives from following functions:
- Quality Control
- In-process Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance
The validation team shall be authorized by Head-QA or his/her designee as per the format attached as Annexure
Write the Abbreviations here.
- Pre-requisites for Validation
- Process Equipment
All equipment to be used for the manufacturing must be qualified as per IQ/OQ/PQ acceptance criteria. The following equipments are to be used for manufacturing of Name of the Product.
|S.No.||Equipment Name||Process Step||Equipment ID No.||Processing Area|
Note: List of equipments used in the manufacturing process shall be prepared as per the format attached as Annexure.
- Equipment / Instruments for In-process checks
The following calibrated equipment / Instruments shall be used for in-process checks.
|S. No.||Equipment /Instrument Name||Equipment ID. No.|
- Following specifications and Standard Test Procedures shall be referred for carrying out testing of validation samples.
*Spec. No. *STP No.
*Testing of samples shall be done as per current version of Spec., STP and GTP.
- Approved Raw Materials
Information related to raw materials shall be recorded in Annexure.
- Manufacturing Procedure Under Validation
Refer BMR: Manufacturing procedure: Master Formula No.
Manufacturing procedure in brief comprise of following steps:
- Refer annexure for process flow chart.
- Critical Process Steps and Process Parameters for Validation with Justification
|Process Step||Process Parameters||Justification|
- Process Steps – Sampling and Analysis Plan with Acceptance Criteria
|Process Step||Sampling and Analysis Plan with Acceptance Criteria|
- Holding Studies
|Process Step||Holding Studies Sampling and Analysis Plan with Justification|
|Write the process stage||Write clearly Qnty of material to be kept under these studies, Frequency of sampling, test parameter, packaging type, and area of storage, test method and acceptance criteria of test method.|
If required, revalidation shall be considered and carried out when any of the following conditions occur or prevail:
-Change in critical formulation component i.e. raw material
- Change in manufacturer or vendor of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Change in critical specifications of the product
- Change in manufacturing process which may affect the quality of the products.
- Change in the facility and /or plant (location or site)
- Change in batch size, if more than ten times of the present batch size
Note: In case of the requirements for revalidation, because of above mentioned reasons, the validation of the critical steps shall be undertaken through addendum protocol to this protocol or a separate protocol.
- Deviations and Investigations
Any deviation to this protocol and thereupon investigation shall be recorded as per SOP
and investigation on out-of-specification test results shall be recorded as per SOP .
- Validation Report
Based on the outcome from this validation study, a report shall be prepared by Quality Assurance persons. This validation report shall be reviewed and then approved by all functional heads of all the concerned departments.
- Reference Documents
- In-process Specifications (write the doc name)
- GTP No.:
- List of Annexures / Formats Attached (the following documents are written as annexure format during protocol preparation )
- Validation team members Annexure
- Equipment list Annexure
- Approved raw materials list Annexure
- Process flow chart Annexure
- Critical process variables Annexure
- Sampling plan and analytical data compilation Annexure
- Environmental monitoring record (holding studies) Annexure
- Process validation report cover page Annexure
- Process validation report approval sheet Annexure
- Process validation report Annexure
For More Pharma Updates Visit –https://pharmaguidances.com
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube