Functioning, cleansing and maintenance of Sterile Garment Cabinet
- To lay down the system for the ordinary operation, cleansing and protection of the Sterile Garment Cabinet (SGC).
- This SOP is relevant operation cleansing and protection of the Sterile Garment Cabinet present in the microbiology lab.
- Chemist or above of QC laboratory:.
- Head – Microbiology Section.
- Head – Quality Control.
- Plug the wire of the SGC to the MAINS.
- Switch ON the MAINS.
- The following buttons are present at the the front panel of all of the CRP’S SGC.
- Press the UNIDIRECTIONAL FLOW ON button for Blower to show ON.
- Press the FLUORESCENT LIGHT ON button for mild to show ON.
- Leave the LAF ON for a while after which hold the sterile clothes withinside the SGC the usage of a sterile hanger.
- After closing the door switch ‘ON’ the GERMICIDAL LIGHT and go away it in ON condition.
- Switch ‘OFF’ the GERMICIDAL LIGHT earlier than opening the door.
- Take the clothes and then close the door and once more switch on the GERMICIDAL LIGHT.
- Clean the internal walls, grill and hangers of SGC earlier than and after setting any sterile clothes with the assist of a lint loose material soaked in disinfectant solution.
- Clean the internal and outer surface of SGC with the assist of a lint loose material soaked in disinfectant solution.
- Once in a month take a look at the depth of UV lamp through the usage of LUX meter.
- Restore UV lamp of the SGC after 2000 hrs of burning.
List of Annexure / Formats:
- Not applicable.
References (if any):
- Not applicable.
Reason for Revision:
- Periodic review
- SOP : Standard operating procedure
- NO: Number
- QC : Quality Control
- QA : Quality Assurance
- SGC : Sterile Garment Cabinet