- To lay down a procedure for cleaning of packing conveyor belt
- This SOP is applicable for cleaning of packing conveyor belt.
- Officers or above of Production personnel shall be responsible for follow the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Production Head and QA Head shall be accountable for this SOP.
- SOP : Standard Operating Procedure.
- Cleaning of Conveyor Belt is done, when day’s production work is over, at the batch change over or whenever required.
- Remove the unpacked-labeled vials, Coded Unit Cartons, Water for Injections Ampoules (if required) and Pack Inserts from the Conveyor Belt and store under lock and key in SS storage cage.
- Collect and Count the rejected Vials, Unit Cartons, and Water for Injection Ampoules and pack Inserts in Poly Bag and enter the quantity in batch Production record.
- Destroy the collected Unit Cartons, Water for Injection Ampoules and Pack Inserts as per SOP on destruction of primary & secondary packing material.
- Dispose the waste and rejected material as per SOP on collection & disposal of waste & rejected material from plant.
- Clean the Conveyor Belt surface and inside panels with the help of compressed air and check that there is no Unit Cartons, pack Inserts on the Belt, Below the Belt and wipe duster.
- Clean the Conveyor Belt with duster soaked in IPA 70%.
- Get the cleaning checked by Production Officer.
- Record the details of operation, cleaning and preventive maintenance of the packing conveyor belt in equipment log book as per SOP and the BMR .Get the details checked by the Production officer/supervisor.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control
Date Revision Number
Reason for Revision
– 00 New SOP