Dispatch of Finished Goods
To lay down a procedure for dispatching of finished goods from finished goods warehouse.
This SOP is applicable for finished goods warehouse of formulation plant at (Pharmaceutical Company Name).
Finished Goods Store personnel shall be responsible to follow and implementation of the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
Finished Goods Store Incharge & QA Head shall be accountable for the implementation of this SOP.
- Abbreviations and Definitions
QA : Quality Assurance
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
- Authorized personnel from Head office shall inform to warehouse personnel for dispatch of finished goods with daily dispatch instruction.
- Dispatch report shall prepare by warehouse personnel daily in electronic form as per Annexure-I.
- Finished goods shall be dispatched as per allocation given by Head Office, the draft copy of challan / invoice prepare on plain paper and same shall be checked by finished goods warehouse officer.
- The freight & delivery instruction shall be written on invoice and informed to transporter picking-up the goods from the factory premises. Ensure the presence of labels/ stickers on the entire shippers at the time of dispatch.
- After checking draft copy of challan / invoice, and find all the details are correct then final copy of challan / invoice shall be taken on four copies printed continue sheet and duly signed by warehouse officer as per annexure.
- Entries shall be recorded in the daily stock ledger (printed RG1 Register) of finished goods maintained under the central excise law as per Annexure.
- Gate pass shall be prepared in triplicate as per annexure. Refer ‘SOP on receipt of raw materials and packaging materials.
- Before loading the Finished Goods in the vehicle warehouse department must take line clearance from the QA as per annexure No.
- Goods shall be loaded in the vehicle under the supervision of warehouse dept. & in the presence of security personnel, QA.
- The protection of the goods shall be covered properly ensuring stacking of shipper.
- The time of removal is noted on every invoice & copies of the same shall be distributed to concern department / person.
- The first & fourth copy of invoice shall be sent to marketing dept.
- The second copy of invoice, first copy of gate pass / L.R. / G.R. shall be handed over to (Driver) transporter.
- The second copy of gate pass with material shall send to security dept.
- The third copy of gate pass, third copy of invoice & third copy of L.R. / G.R. shall be kept for office record.
- After completion of dispatches on the day, closing stocks of finished goods shall be verified physically lying in the finished goods warehouse.
- Finished goods shall be transported in such a way that storage conditions shall be maintained as per the requirement of the product.
- Forms and Records
- Daily Dispatch Summary – Annexure I
- Daily Stock Ledger – Annexure II
- Line clearance checklist for Dispatch – Annexure III
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance & FG Store
|Date||Revision Number||Reason for Revision|
Annexure – I
D.I. No.: Date: Recd. On.:
|Inv. No.||Date||Amount||Party Name||Product Name||Qty/ Strip||Batch No.||Mfg. Date||Exp. Date||Rate||Transport||L.R.No. & Date|
Annexure – II
Daily Stock Ledger (Under Rule 47, 53 & and 173 G
For Assesses Working under Self-Removal Procedure
Name & Address of the Factory
(2 & 3)
|REMOVAL FROM THE FACTORY||Education Cess payable||Closing Balance||Remarks||Signature of the assesse or his agent|
|On Payment of Duty||Without Payment of Duty||For other purpose||Duty|
|For home use||For Export
(Under claim for rebate of duty)
Factories or ware houses under Bond
|Sec. Hi Edu. Cess|
|Amount||Amount||I In Finishing Room||In Bonded Store Room|
Annexure – III
Line clearance checklist for Dispatch
Product:______________________ Batch No.:_______________
|SR. NO.:||Check List||OK/NOT OK||Checked By (Dispatch Dept.)||Verified By (I.P.Q.A)|
|1||Check the release note before dispatch.|
|2||Check the COA before dispatch.|
|3||Finished goods for dispatch should be properly segregate.|
|4||Check the area of the vehicle used for carrying goods should be cleaned.|
|5||Roof of the vehicle should be covered.|
|6||Check for any unwanted material which may damage the finished goods.|
Remarks (if any)
Checked By/on Verified By/on
(Dispatch dept.) (I.P.Q.A)
For More Pharma Updates Visit –https://pharmaguidances.com
Mr. Shiv Kumar is the Author and founder of pharmaceutical guidance, he is a pharmaceutical Professional from India having more than 14 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During his career, he work in quality assurance department with multinational company’s i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd, Panacea Biotec Ltd, Nectar life Science Ltd. During his experience, he face may regulatory Audit i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda,Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. He is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube