- CLEANING OF WATER OVER HEAD TANKS & SUMPS
- To lay down a procedure for Cleaning of Water Over Head Tanks and Sumps
- This SOP is applicable to Water Over Head Tanks and Sumps.
- Technical Supervisor / Engineer
- Sr.Executive / Manager
- Obtain work permit for carrying out cleaning.
- Ensure that all safety precautions are taken while cleaning.
- Drain the water from tank by opening outlet valve and drain valve / drain plug.
- Close the inlet valve of the OverHead.
- Clean the tank thoroughly with brush and cleaning agents and ensure that the buttom of sidewalls is free from Algae and tank is free from foreign material.
- Take sufficient quantity of raw water, clean thoroughly and drain out.
- Top up OverHead tank with fresh water.
- Ensure that there are no water leakages and smooth functioning of float valves.
- Close Dummy plugs and drain valve.
- Open the inlet and outlet valves of Over Head Tank.
- Close the manhole of the Over Head Tank.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Annexure – I
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control
Date Revision Number Reason for Revision – 00 New SOP
Annexure – I
|1||Over Head Tank – 1||Production Block||50.0|
|2||Over Head Tank – 2||Production Block||50.0|
|3||Chilled Water Make Up Tank||Production Block||1.0|
|4||Neocota Scrubber Tank – 1||Production Block||2.25|
|5||Neocota Scrubber Tank – 2||Production Block||2.25|
|6||Ganscota Scrubber Tank – 1||Production Block||2.25|
|7||Ganscota Scrubber Tank – 2||Production Block||2.25|
|16||Cooling Tower Make up Tank||Service Block||60.0|
|17||Cooling Tower Sump – 1||Service Block||40.0|
|18||Cooling Tower Sump – 2||Service Block||40.0|
|19||D.M. Raw Water Sump||Service Block||60.0|