Preparation, hahdling, storage and discard of mobile phases
- To lay down a procedure for the preparation , handling , storage and discard of mobile phases.
- This SOP shall be applicable for preparation , handling , storage and discard of mobile phases.
- Executive/Officer – Quality control
- Head – Quality Assurance
- Procedure for preparation :
- Weigh specified quantity of buffer ( solid ) or transfer the specified volume of buffer solution to the round bottom flask.
- Add Milli Q water quantity sufficient to dissolve or mix the reagent buffer and sonicate the reagent. Adjust pH as specified in individual monograph.(if required)
- Add the organic solvent specified in individual monograph.
- Filter the mobile phase using 0.45 µ filter and transfer to the mobile phase bottle. Label the bottle with details
- Prepared by
- Date of preparation
- Use before
- Sonicate for 10 minutes to degas the mobile phase.
- Handling and Storage of mobile phase
- Store the mobile phases in tightly closed containers when not in use.
- The mobile phases that are under usage for dilution purposes should be closed properly.
- Store the mobile phases prepared in large volumes in refrigerator when not in use. Allow the mobile phase to come to room temperature before usage.
- Mobile phase shall be freshly prepared and should not be stored by more than24 hours.
- Discard of mobile phases:
- Any left over mobile phase and solvent discard from HPLC, sample preparation shall be drained in running tap water.
- Wipe off the details on label & Clean the bottles using purified water, use laboratory reagent if required and rinse thoroughly using.
- Dry the bottles and store them in appropriate place.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control.engineering
Date Revision Number Reason for Revision – 00 New SOP
For More Pharma Updates Visit –http://pharmaguidances.com