When your body is exposed to heat or hot weather, your blood vessels naturally begin to expand. This vasodilatation enter to edema, which is the mechanism of our body, helping us to cool down. Although this swelling is natural, it can cause some discomfort and even pain. Read the following article to prevent the occurrence of edema in warm weather, as well as to learn about some simple ways that will reduce swelling in the case of its occurrence.
In warmer months as long as you can stay in the cool.
- If you are outdoors, stay in the shade and if possible, do not sit in direct sunlight. Wear light and loose clothing.
Exercise or stay active.
- It doesnâ€™t have to be harsh and intense workout. The best choice is to walk, as it causes your blood to circulate, while not overheating you.
- Swelling because of the hot weather is directly linked to the bloodstream. The more you exercise, the more you accelerate the flow of blood. This is to prevent swelling in hot weather.
Refrain from eating salty foods, if you know what will be affected by the hot weather. Salt consumption can cause or worsen edema.
Follow a healthy diet routine.
- Drink plenty of water, reduce salt intake and make your diet a lot of fruits and vegetables. All this will help reduce the chances of occurrence of swelling in hot weather.
Lift the swollen limb. Most swelling occurs in the legs, but to swell and can arms, hands and upper extremity.
Lie down and put the swollen limb on a pillow. Do not bend the knees, elbows or stomach, as this prevents the bloodstream.
Wear elastic bandages, support stockings, or other forms of support garments.
- They will not allow fluid to build up in the extremities and helps to prevent swelling in hot weather.
Wear a support garment when you expect that the appearance of edema. This applies to hot weather and travelling by plane.
Massage your arms, legs, hands and feet.
Massage will contribute to the withdrawal of fluids from the swollen tissue back into the body.
Ask someone to massage. Thus, you can continue to lie without impeding blood flow.
Install and treat other causes of edema. Such reasons include obesity, drug or alcohol abuse, as well as varicose veins.
- Swelling is influenced by the physical parameters of your capillaries, so some people are more prone to edema than the others. Age also plays an important role in the severity of edema.
- The presence of excess weight can increase the chance of swelling. To reduce swelling in hot weather, try to maintain ideal weight.
- Always do a checkup with your doctor if you experience swelling in your feet or other body parts. If hot weather actually is not the main cause of edema, then this may indicate bigger health problems, such as problems with the liver or kidneys.
- In order to reduce swelling in hot weather do not stop drinking fluids. Otherwise it may affect your swelling and also lead to potential problems of dehydration.
What you need
- Support clothing
- Bed or chair (to lie on)
- Pillow (to put on them conecti)