- To describe the calibration procedure for pH meter.
- This SOP shall be applicable for the calibration procedure for pH meter
- Quality Control Executive/Officer.
- Quality Control Manager
- Operate the Instrument as per procedure.
- Insert the pH electrode and temperature sensor in buffer solution pH 4.0
- Press the CAL 4 key followed by ENTER key, the LCD displays shows the pH after calibrating.
- Remove the electrodes from buffer pH 4.0. Rinse with distilled water and insert the electrode in buffer solution pH 9.2.
- Press the CAL 9.2 key followed by the ENTER key, the LCD displays the pH after calibrating.
- Standardise the instrument using buffer solution pH 7. Rinse the electrode with distilled water and insert into buffer solution pH 7.
- Press the STD 7 key, followed by ENTER key, the LCD displays the pH after standardisation. All the calibration should be done at a temperature 25°C ± 2°
- Switch off the main power supply.
- Fill the details of the calibration status in the label pasted on the Instrument / Apparatus.
- Report any discrepancy observed during calibration to Quality Control Manager and notify the defect to engineering department or Service Engineer of the instrument. Affix an Under Maintenance label on the instrument.
|pH Tablet or capsule
pH = 4.0
pH = 7.0
pH = 9.2
|Prepare the standard buffer Weekly for Standardization of pH meter||In house
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control.engineering
Date Revision Number Reason for Revision – 00 New SOP
For More Pharma Updates Visit –http://pharmaguidances.com